Responsibility

Responsibility

By changing the way we act and thinking of new possibilities, we can make a difference. In addition to Kentaur’s focus on the Sustainable Development Goals, our responsibility can also be seen in our work with the UN GLOBAL COMPACT and AMFORI BSCI.

The UN GLOBAL COMPACT is the world’s largest sustainable initiative for companies. As a member, this initiative is the foundation of our daily efforts for sustainability. The UN Global Compact comprises 10 principles divided into four main areas: Human rights, Working conditions, the Environment and Fighting
Corruption.

AMFORI BSCI makes demands and improves social conditions in global supply chains. As a member of amfori BSCI, Kentaur is committed to living up to these demands. Our BSCI Code of Conduct has been signed by all of our manufacturers and 78% of our suppliers of fabrics and accessories. The remaining 22% comply with their own Codes of Conduct, which have similar requirements to our BSCI Code of Conduct.

AMFORI BSCI operates with 11 principles, and audits are regularly carried out by independent auditing firms.

  1. Rights to freedom of association and collective negotiations
  2. No discrimination
  3. No forced labour
  4. No child labour
  5. Special protection for young employees
  6. No insecure employment
  7. Reasonable working hours
  8. Fair pay
  9. Working environment and safety
  10. Ethical business practices
  11. Protection of the environment