THE VISIONARY BUSINESSMAN
Kentaur was established in 1990 by the then 24-year-old Bernt Dahl. The historical roots go back to 1927 when the company was known as Fredericia Kittel Fabrik. The company, which was later renamed Kentaur dealt with a wide range of workwear. In connection with the corporate restructuring in 1989 Bernt bought the rights to the name Kentaur and the light range of workwear.
The young and visionary businessman travelled all over Denmark with his 8 kg mobile phone, laying the foundation for the current Kentaur brand. Bernt quickly saw possibilities of deploying production in Poland and was one of the first in Denmark who started his own production with experienced seamstresses. During the same period Bernt hired his first employee.
In the early nineties experienced Kentaur a consolidation of the market. A acquisition wave washed over the Danish laundry industry. The period was influenced by rising international trade, whereupon Bernt became aware of the opportunities in the export markets. In autumn 1994, Christian Beirholm was hired to manage of the markets south of Denmark. Christian is energetic and enthusiastic. With the same drive and energy as Bernt, he has established strong ties to the markets. One thing is certain: for both of them, workwear has always been more than just a white lab coat or a pair of trousers.
The foundation "Value for Textile Service" symbolizes the fact that there are many thoughts and processes behind the creation of this value, that emphasize the constant search for optimization and value creation. With its intimate knowledge of the industry and its innovative approach to functional workwear, Kentaur has established strong ties to large sections of the laundry industry.
Since then we have achieved a lot. In January 2015 Kentaur celebrated its 25th anniversary. In the right column you can find a short film of the celebrations. Here you can also read more about Kentaurs exciting journey.
Our head office is located in Fredericia, where we operate with 60 employees. In addition, Kentaur has a subsidiary with two employees in Norway.
Today, Kentaur is a strong player in the European market.
- 1990 the founding of Kentaur.
- 1994 Export to Germany begins. Expansion of the design and range of white coats to colorful tunics.
- 1997 sales to Austria and Benelux begins.
- 2001 Production expansion from Poland to China. Founding of Kentaur Norway.
- 2003 Expansion of the export market with Switzerland and France. Expansion of the production in Poland.
- 2008 Kentaur doubled its sales from 2006 to 2008. 1 million units sold are realized. Establishment of production in Vietnam.
- 2012 2 million units sold are realized.
- 2015 Introduction of a new strategic plan to 2017 with a planned increase in turnover of 40% and 3.5 million units sold.
- 2016 New organizational structure implemented. Production is expanded to Serbia.